Monday, November 23, 2009

ABCD last Thursday

Last Thursday night I headed over to Bar Alto @ the Powerhouse
for an ABCD (Artists | Bloggers | Creatives | Designers) catchup.
This fab event is organized by two fantstic gals,
Kim from Udessi and Steph from Bondville. Thanks!

Delight, delight, delight! GOODIIIIEEE BAG! This is where all the fabulous people that attend these catchups can showcase a little of who they are and what they do!
Some divine goddies inside... I could not wait...




Daneve from Chicuff, spreading some Christmas cheer with her candy cane and gorgeous brooch.


The gorgeous gals Ellie and Danielle from Selvedge House created this beautiful pouch,
filled with dried rose petals. I love love love everything about this,
the fabric, design, smell :-)))))))



The fabulous Teneale from Wicked Child Designs... What can I say??? Brilliant and ingenious! Teneale I love how your mind works!

Now I think Thea fom Thea & Sami was reading my mind, I was in the market for a new headband. I loved it so much I couldn't resist wearing it as soon as I pulled it out of the goodie bag!

The beautiful Alischa from Bespoke Letterpress Boutique has these beautiful, beautiful letterpress cards. I have seen them on her blog and website, and though the images are gorgeous and descriptive, noting compares to seeing the beautiful card in the flesh.
You must buy one/some for your loved ones this Christmas!

Last but certainly not least is this beautiful butterfly from Karla of Leonhard Pfeifer.
This divine and seemingly insignificant little butterfly is the member of a much larger project that karla undertook. To give you an idea of the project I will quote from the info provided with the butterfly...

"Anna Mini.Bar from Vogue September 2008.
Fashion, some would argue only lasts moments, fluttering by and touching only the most glamourous, who enjoy a luxurious life of parties, champagne and dress-ups.
US Vogue Editor Anna Wintour, the inspiration behind Meryl Streep's Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada, created a Vogue masterpiece of 798 pages in September 2008.
*798 butterfly clusters hand cut and sewn from the pages of teh US Vogue September 2008 Edition delicately perched waiting for the next new thing."

Amazing! Karla told myself and Sandy of the amazing task of hand cutting four sections
(for each butterfly) and sewing them together.
My hat's off to you Karla. What beautiful work. I would have loved to have see the installation!



2 comments:

Creative Arty Facts said...

Hi Melissa
I'm sorry I missed this meeting! It was in my diary but it just didnt happen for me. Glad you had a great time thou ... do they have a date for the next one? Liz

Taybian Design said...

Hi Liz,
Not sure about the next one?? I came across the event on Udessi / Bondville blogs, so keep an eye on their sites :-)