Sunday, October 25, 2009

BrisStyle Meetup @ Lock 'n Load, West End


Yesterday I took a cycle over to West End to meet up with some of the gals from BrisStyle @ Lock 'N Load.
Fantastic venue! It was my first BrisStyle catch up and it was lovely to put some faces to names.

Robyn from Hot Fudge and from and Julia from A Creature Strange and a gorgeous piece of quilting in the foreground, sorry I didn't catch who made this beautiful gem...
I didn't get a shot, but Patricia from Pbyersdesign brought a gorgeous new apron for show n tell.

For more info on all the BrisStylettes go

Check out this pile of fabric...
I have to say a great BIG thank you to Katie from Kittie Boo Boo for opening up her boot for some fantastic freebies of fabric!!! Thank you, I'm looking forward to having a play. Also thanks to the gals that know me well and as they were sorting through the boxes, kept handing me little gems.
Also a mass thnx to Teneale from Wicked Child Designs who kindly delivered the fabric that I wasn't able to carry on the back of my bike. Thnx :-)


After our little freebie session, we then headed off to have a look @ Nook.
I fell in love with a number of gorgeous things, however since I had laden up my bike with so much already I am going to make a special trip back to have a closer look and make a couple of purchases.
What a fantastic day of inspiration!




2 comments:

Hot Fudge said...

Hi Mel

It was good to catch up with you yesterday - we certainly had a lot of fun. I am sorry I didn't have time to continue on to Nook with you girls - maybe next time. I love your bags and it was great to see them close-up.

Unknown said...

Nice work with your bags ... and thanks for taking some of that off my hands! I'd really love to see what you do with some of it! Cheers
Katie