Monday, January 25, 2010

Facade Fascination...

This post begins a newbie regular to the Taybian Design blog
Facade Fascination!
For as long as I can remember I have been fascinated by facades! The new, the old, the odd, the beautiful, the ugly, the falling apart; especially the falling apart! In this regular feature I will visually explore facades, in full, their detail, structure and of course texture.

This weeks facade is a local one in quite an affluent suburb in Brisbane, Australia. What strikes me as beautiful, its juxtaposition in such a suburb, yet this is still an operational business. Wouldn't you shop there?!?

1 comment:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh the things you do with that shop front!! Ok, admire it for what it is now - years of history of advertising on an interesting stand alone building.
I'm moving to Brisbane in a year, so really enjoying all the Qld blogs. Getting a great tour of the city too, thanks!! Love Posie